Friday, May 24, 2013

The Worst

I was a little apprehensive writing this post, because who really wants to publicly admit their worst qualities? Not me. But here I am. Miracles do happen.



{Don't let that smile deceive you ;)}

1. I like things done my way.

I like to think I know best, but the truth is, I sometimes don't. Shhhh, don't tell anyone that I just admitted that. But it's true. I know all things can't always go my way, but I like 99% of them to pan out exactly how I think they should. It could be anything for how to load the dishwasher to how a weekend will be planned. Maybe you could say I'm a control freak. Actually, I think that's exactly what I am. But I know what I want, and I usually have a plan to make that happen. That's now always a bad thing, right? :)

2. I hold on to grudges.

Not trivial she-didn't-invite-me-to-her-dinner-party grudges. I'm talking about the you-really-effed-up and hurt me or someone I love grudges. I have a very high threshold for reaching this point for myself - I like to give people the benefit of the doubt- however, once you cross the line, there's no going back. On the flip side, if you hurt one of my family members or close friends even one time, I will probably loathe you for all eternity. 

3. I'm really competitive. 

I thrive on doing well, winning and pleasing others. I've been a "pleaser" all my life {my mother will attest that this has been true since infancy}, but sometimes I forget the reason behind why I'm doing what I'm doing. Throughout my entire academic career, I thrived on getting high grades and would do anything to make sure I was at the top of my class. At work now, I am the same way and will work day and night to make sure I have given my all to a particular project. But sometimes, priorities like my mental physical health and seeing people I love are but on the back burner. Being in the bid kid world has certainly helped me with this one over the last three years, but I still struggle to find a balance between what's necessary and what can wait.

So fess up...what are your worst traits?


1 comment:

  1. I can definitely identify all 3 of these things in myself. #1 being the strongest, which I kinda touched on in my list.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL