Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Spirit


Although I've been on the road for most of the last few months, I was so excited to do a little decorating at home for Christmas. 

The weekend before Thanksgiving, my mother and I took a wreath making class - and I'm very proud of how it turned out. I'm not the most crafty person in the world, but this project turned out quite well. Granted, I was the last one {by a solid thirty minutes} gathering evergreen and fir bunches and deciding which accents I wanted to add, but I was so happy to have created one of my favorite Christmas decorations by myself. I think this is going to be a yearly tradition for the girls in my family.

I didn't want to get a Christmas tree this year, since I knew my crazy schedule wouldn't allow me to spend even one weekend at home from November until after Christmas. So, some twinkle lights around my windows and doorways and a trio of festive candlesticks were my other decorations. 

It may not look like a whole lot of decorating, but it was just enough for my small space. I can smell my wreath from my couch and the lights around my living room are bright enough that I don't even have to turn on my sconce lighting at night. It's been a wonderful, cozy retreat for me after work each night. Add a glass of red, and it's complete perfection.





No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL