Monday, October 15, 2012

Wine Time (Part 2)

Little did I know how blessed we are here in New England. Apparently we have vineyards aplenty. 

While visiting my uncle in Newport last weekend, mom and I stumbled upon this gem. Nestled off the beaten track is Greenvale Vineyards. I must admit, my mother and I didn't know what to expect after seeing the tiny sign on the side of the road. However being lushes winos the wine enthusiasts that we are, we decided it would merit investigation.

What a lovely surprise! This vineyard is tiny, but it has breathtaking vistas of the ocean! A charming post-and-beam barn serves as their tasting area and bar. And a lively jazz trio serenaded us as we tried the portfolio. The staff behind the bar was wonderful and made us feel like were were guests in their home. I also loved how some of the wines were named after the Newport mansions. It was a perfect afternoon with my mother!

I also came away with a new favorite wine: Rosecliff Pinot Gris.

It has the faintest taste of rose at the finish - genius!











No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL