Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Am I Crazy?!

Michelle at The Vintage Apple is hosting a super fun link up for crazies like me today! What things make you crazy?!


1. I can't handle it if people cut their fingernails anywhere but in the bathroom over a trashcan. Nope. Can't do it. I have to leave the area immediately. I've run into people cutting their nails on the train, in the airport, and even in the office. I can hear nail clippers from a mile away, and I have to run in the other direction. Nails go flying, people. I don't want your clippings landing in my latte.

2. If anyone drives my car, they cannot move the back of my seat. It is in a very special, perfect position that is not easily found again. Also, it bugs the hell out of me if the passenger seat back is at a significantly different angle than my seat. A lot of my friends and family put the seats back like they're ridin' dirty - not happening in my car.

3. I need noise to fall asleep. Just at first, though. It can be TV, music, a fan making white noise - anything. It is almost impossible for me to fall asleep in complete silence unless I'm exhausted. But, I can't stand it if I wake up in the middle of the night and it's still on. That completely wakes me up, then I turn it off and I'm back to my original problem of not being able to fall asleep to silence. It's a vicious circle.

4. I can't be in my room when my bed isn't made. I will only go in there to get things I absolutely need and then I will run far, far away. It makes me feel so disorganized and messy when it's all rumpled up! Life is chaotic enough without a messy boudoir. 

5. I park my car in no-man's land. I am so anal about dings and scratches on it that I try to find a spot with minimal risk of people's doors banging into it. Ironically, the only ding on it is from the ONE time that I had to make an emergency stop at the J.Crew outlet and there was no where to park except next to someone. As I was getting out of the car, the wind blew my door into the mirror on the car next to me. It still causes me heartache every time I get in my car and see the dime-sized dent.

As I read back, I realize I have a severe case of OCD regarding my car. What things make you crazy? 

2 comments:

  1. We are the same way with noise...we started using a sound machine a few years ago and now can not sleep with out it and I'll wake up too if it's knocked off for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST had the discussion about the noise and sleep with my husband a few nights ago. It was SO silent, and it was deafening to me. He just didn't understand. I turned the fan on, and fell asleep the whirring sound of it. I never realized how important it is for me to have noise until the other night. Ha!

    And the parking in no man's land? I'm with you. I used to park close to the store, but now that I have a brand new car, I'm trying to keep it as dent free as possible. I know dings will inevitably happen.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL