Wednesday, February 26, 2014

High Line {Part 2}


More pictures of a positively lovely morning spent at the High Line last summer. Seems like it was just yesterday, although this winter feels like it is many years old.

Time is a funny thing. Depending on the moment, day or even week, our perception of time and when things happened can shift. 

I found myself looking at these photos and thinking how it feels like it was maybe last month that I wandered through this lovely park on a hot and humid city day. But then in the next second, I think that it was 8 months ago, and so much has happened since then. Is 8 months a long time in the grand scheme of things? No, not really. But it is a lot of time for all the business, occasions and time spent living life. Many a change can happen in 8 months. 

And while I can still vividly smell the beautiful flowers and remember the bright sunlight of this day so clearly that my eyes squint just thinking about it, it feels although a lifetime has been lived since the summertime.























4 comments:

  1. I love the High Line! It's such a unique part to NYC. I've only ever been there at nighttime though - one day I'd like to see it during the day (and preferably in the sunshine!)

    adelanteblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'd love to see the part at night! It was SO sunny when I went, everything seemed to have a halo around it. Then again, perhaps that was the humidity? :)

      Delete
  2. It really does seem like a lifetime lived since the summer. Love those yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This winter has been downright brutal across the country! Spring can show up any day now :) Aren't those flowers just so fun and whimsy? I have to find out what they are called!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL