Tuesday, February 25, 2014

From the Old Country

 I've found heaven.

In the right-off-the-boat-from-Italy kind of way.

I first heard of DiFiore Pasta Company from my mother who knew the wife of the owner in high school. She was always posting scrumptious sounding Italian delicacies on Facebook, and each week, my mother and I would look through the mouthwatering pictures and declare that we have to make a trip down to Hartford ASAP. So {finally}, after months of saying we were going to investigate, we finally made our way down to the Italian heartland of Hartford. Y'all, this place is what Italian dreams are made of.

For starters, they have a vinegar and olive oil bar. Hello, people. That fact alone sold me. I could have been happy having the nice people working there filling bottle after bottle of olive oil for me.

Not to mention the freezers full of homemade ravioli, tortellini and stuffed shells that were filled with mouthwatering ingrediants such as buffalo chicken, lobster, and sausage, onions and peppers. Oh and if you are a cheese addict like me, the piles of mozzarella and pepperoncino asiago might make you weep.

Pasta: Very well may be some of the best I've ever had. Even compared to meals I had in Italy. Although frozen, the quality of the pasta and ingredients is noticeable when you take the first bite. Let's just say I don't ever want to go back to the regular store bought pasta again.

Sauce: Wonderful. I had the puttanesca and pesto sauces and fell completely in love with them both. Can't wait to get my hands on some of their others.

EVOO/Vinegar: I took home a raspberry balsamic vinegar and rosemary infused olive oil. I'm almost out of both after only a month and a half {which obviously means I have to make another trip. Stat. Soooooo delicious, I could just dip a loaf of bread in both for every meal and be satisfied.

Bottom line: If you ever find yourself in Connecticut,  DiFiore, its worth the visit.










 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL