Thursday, March 6, 2014

Plant Life





A home doesn't seem completely home if there aren't any fresh blooms nearby. I don't have any outdoor space of my own, so having fresh flowers on a weekly basis is my way of bringing nature inside. Not to mention they smell delicious and add some brightness and warmth to the increasingly frigid New England winter weather.

Hello, spring? Can you hear me?

No?

Thought so.

So these little blessings found at Trader Joe's and various other grocery stores will have to do the trick until warm weather decides to descend upon New England.

Also, I'm looking for words of wisdom when it comes to succulents. I've killed five {FIVE!} so far, and I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong. People swore up and down it's hard to kill succulents, but apparently they have't met me. Anyone have advice on how to keep those little beauties alive? Or is it just that I have a blackthumb when it comes to keeping plants alive for more than a week?

2 comments:

  1. These photos are gorgeous! My favorite one is of the succulents. Best of luck on keeping them alive this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everyone told me it would be so easy to keep them alive, but it seems like every week one of them wilts away! Hopefully with the longer days and more sunshine they will stay alive this spring :)

      Delete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL