Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Sunday Currently

Hello, dear friends. Thanks for bearing with me for the last few weeks. I'm coming to you from the sweetest little tea and coffee shop in my new city: Newport, RI. Newport has been a frequent retreat and day trip for me every summer for most of my life, so when I had the opportunity to move here for a year, I leaped at it. Literally.
{Newport this past Easter. Note, the dreary skies pictured here are currently filled with sunshine and a few clouds}.

So now the moving is finished, and most of my things are unpacked. I'm still trying to get organized and settled into my new space, but it's slowly coming together. There are a few loose ends that I need to tie up {more precisely, I need more space for my shamefully large collection of clothes}.

Another Sunday, and my second link up with Lauren for The Sunday Currently:

Reading...all the blogs I haven't had time to catch up on over the last few weeks.

 Writing...little things to myself about what I've learned in life so far. Little lessons that have been eye-opening. Things that my parents always told me but I didn't believe until I discovered or experienced it for myself. I plan to share some of these on this little space soon.

Listening...to some very relaxing acoustic music playing in the background. My kind of music. Also, just bought Sara Bareilles' new album, which I can't wait to hear.

Thinking...Life is good. God is good. This is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now{figuratively and literally}.

Smelling...delicious tea leaves brewing. Seriously, I'm going to do a post on this place in the very near future. I'm already in love. 

Wishing...that there was one more day in the weekend. I'd love to soak up this beautiful weather just a little longer.

Hoping...for some rain to put me to sleep tonight. The sound of rainfall is like a lullaby to me. It's beautiful and familiar sound can always send me off to a peaceful slumber.

Wearing...a worn-in, comfy dress that I've had for a few years. Blue leopard print. I'm wild like that.

Loving...my new apartment. The second I walked in, I knew it was the place for me. Huge bay windows, hardwood floors, and a beautiful kitchen {in which I hope to teach myself to cook}. It is perfect. 

Wanting...to go to the farmer's market this week to load up on fresh goodness.

Needing...a pedicure. After moving and being on the go for the last three weeks, my tootsies are in desperate need of some TLC.

Feeling...nervous and anxious and excited to begin my new job tomorrow morning. I've been waiting for this day for the last six months, so it's a little surreal that I won't be going to my old office in Massachusetts. I am so eager to learn something new, though. 

Clicking...through websites of armoires that would be a good fit for my little place. I wanted something with a little character, and I'm beginning to think that consignment shops and antique stores might be my best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL