Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Sunday Currently 1


Holy Sunday, Batman! How is this weekend mostly over? This weekend has be wonderful, albeit oppressively hot and humid. That means hours spent at the beach with my beautiful little cousins and a few bowls scoops of ice cream here and there. 

I've been reading The Sunday Currently on Lauren's blog for a while now. It always seems like an appropriate way to end a weekend and begin a new week. To me, it's a recap of a specific moment{s} in time. A reflection of your current mood and actions. Bottom line, I think this idea is genius, and it's about time I joined the fun. So here is my first Sunday Currently.

Reading...
...Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead. I'm only a chapter into it, but the writing is beautifully descriptive.

Writing...
...lists upon lists. To do lists. Grocery lists. Target lists. Packing Lists. You name it, I probably have a list for it at the moment.

Listening...
...to the sound of many fans trying to cool down our little cottage. The humidity and heat at the Cape this weekend have been unusually high. I do like the fans though because they give perfect white noise, which makes for a sound night's sleep. Who needs air conditioning anyway? {What you can't see is me raising my hand right now.}

Thinking...
...very few thoughts. There's something about heat and catching up on sleep that deprives the brain from any kind of profound breakthroughs and deep thinking.

Smelling...
Bagels and coffee from JoMama's. My brother and I have been making it a Sunday tradition to grab iced coffee and their "Feel Good" breakfast sandwiches. Their bagels are straight from Brooklyn and are baked fresh all morning. Mouthwatering.

Wishing...
...that the weekend wouldn't end. All weekends should be 3 day weekends. Right? Right.

Hoping...
...for a stunning sunset tonight.

Wearing...
...the thinest, coolest sundress I could find in my closet. 

Loving...
...the amount of time I've been spending with my family lately. Between my brother's college graduation and ceremonies and our family trip last week, we've had more quality time in the last three weeks than we've had together in the last six months.

Wanting...
...to try out hundreds of recipes from Love & Lemons in my new kitchen. Their recipes are so fresh and healthy, it makes me want to skip all the way to the farmers' market. 

Needing...
...to paint an old bureau that will be serving as my TV stand in my new apartment. Sadly, due to the heat and potent fumes, this project is constantly moved to the bottom of my to-do list. I can't procrastinate much longer though - only a week until my furniture will be moved!

Feeling...
...excited for the new changes that will really hit home in the next few weeks. 
Clicking...
...thorough furniture websites. It's time for a new couch, and it's been a little harder than expected to find the right one. I've found several designs that I really love, but after seeing them in the stores, I discovered their quality is not particularly high. I'm going to see a few more today, so maybe I will find the couch of my dreams? Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL