Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Currently

I keep saying it, but really, where does the time go? I keep thinking things that happened last month were just last weekend. And the last two weeks have been a complete blur. People often say that time passes much faster as you get older. I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. 

As I catch up on life {and time zones}, I thought I'd join in the Sunday Currently fun with Lauren.

{Sunset over Greenvale Vineyards a few weeks ago}

Reading...through about two tons of mail that is still delivered to my parents house. Sorry, Mom and Dad.

Writing...addresses on postcards I forgot to send from the Grand Canyon last weekend. Oops. 

Listening...to The Holiday in the background. Hands down, this is one of my all time favorite movies. I will probably watch it at least twice a week until the end of January. I wish this was a joke. 

Thinking...I need to unpack the massive suitcase and two large duffle bags that I have been living out of for the last few weeks.

Smelling...pine needles and evergreen. I took a wreath making class with my Mom today, and now my whole apartment smells like Christmas. I don't hate it.

Wishing...that my brother could be home for the holidays. Having him overseas this time of year straight-up sucks. The end.

Hoping...that work goes by quietly and quickly tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm ready to get back to Massachusetts for some darn good food and laughs with my crazy family.

Wearing...PJs. Another pair of turquoise and black fair isle leggings found their way into my bureau, and they have been keeping me warm since my return from the Arizona desert on Thursday. The high today was 26 F with a steady windchill of 5 F. I love New England, but I'm not cut out for the cold weather.

Loving...my glass(es) of Rhode Island Red from Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyards. There's something about a glass of red that warms up the soul on cold nights, don't you think?

Wanting...to go somewhere warm over the Christmas holiday. I have almost three weeks off, and I can't help but feel somewhere tropical is calling my name.

Needing...more sleep. I've slept at least twelve hours for the last three nights (unheard of in these parts!) with multiple naps thrown in for good measure. I've slept more in the last three days than I had in the last three weeks combined...yet somehow, my body is still craving more shut eye. Perhaps it's a good thing that I'm already in my PJs at 7:45 PM. 

Feeling...incredibly thankful. The last few months have been insane/amazing with only a few minutes to pause here and there. But the craziness has been so full of love, friends, family, and new experiences. I wouldn't have it any other way. How I am blessed enough to have this life, I will never know. 

Clicking...through my Pinterest boards. Finally sorting through all my pins to make sure they are properly linked.

siddathornton

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL