Friday, June 7, 2013

Hunkering Down




This weekend the Northeast is due for a few days of rain. Tropical depression rain. Meaning a downpour all day for two days straight.What does that mean for me? Two whole days of nothing but naps, cups of hot tea, reading, and a chick flick {or five}. I'll be hunkered down at home for a solid two days.

I. Cannot. Wait.

This is the first weekend in months that I haven't traveled to the Cape or another lovely destination. I dearly cherish my weekends and time spent with loved ones, but sometimes you need to recharge and relax. This is also my last weekend at home before I begin five more weeks of whirlwind events and traveling. Then six weekends from now, I will be calling a new place home. It's all becoming a little more real each day.

Hunkering down isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it's a good thing {the best thing} to lay low and take care of yourself for a little while. While the world is an unrelenting storm outside, you have the calm and peace that the feelings of home provide. The best part is that after the storm, the I always seem to feel renewed, reenergized, and ready to take on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL