Monday, April 21, 2014

Breaking Bread








I know, you might be confusing yourself and thinking this is the Betty Crocker website. 

Nope, it's just me.

Pretending to be Betty.

Pretty convincing, yes?

Well if you've been around these parts for a long time now {God bless you if you have}, you know that recipe posts on this little space of mine have been few and far between. I'm usually in the group that prefers to have people who know what they're doing prepare my meals. 

Up until about a year ago. Then I decided to give the cooking thing a try in an attempt to stop being so wasteful spending money on going out for every meal and also to try to live a healthier lifestyle. 

I found this recipe from The Comfort of Cooking on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and thought I'd give it a whirl with my big kid kitchen accessories.

Side note: what is it about pastel colored Kitchen Aid mixers that makes you feel like an unstoppable force in the kitchen? I have no idea either. But it sure makes my inner domestic goddess' ego shine.

So one Saturday, I surprised even myself and whipped out a beautiful loaf of bread that left that incredible fresh bread smell wafting through my kitchen for a few days. You all, it even tasted good. Like made me never want to buy a loaf of bread from the grocery store {ever} again kind of good. The one thing about this recipe I would have done differently is add just a wee bit less salt. But otherwise, oatmeal wheat bread perfection, if I do say so myself.

Making Martha proud since 2014. I knew I'd grow a few domestic skills eventually. Maybe by 30 I'll be able to sew a button on a shirt.

2 comments:

  1. I have the exact same color mixer and I named her Bets (because Betty Crocker and I love Mad Men so Betty's nickname was too perfect).

    I've tried making bread and I just suck at it. Yours looks delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the most beautiful color? I've realized it's my go-to color in my house decoration :) Just so pretty!

      And trust me, I was shocked when the bread turned out edible! Try this recipe! it was so easy, and if I can do it, anyone can!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL