Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Some Beachiness for a Wintry Day

I'm having some serious spring fever right now. I would do absolutely anything to be sitting on a beach right now. Not a snow covered beach, I mean a tropical paradise.

And we are only halfway through January. 

Uh oh. 

So, I thought I'd share a post I wrote early last summer but never published. I would do anything to accelerate into June so I can spend some time on my beloved Cape beaches.

_________________________________

Dennis is my favorite. 

It is the town I spent a week or two in each year growing up. It's the town in which we have a cozy Cape cottage that is now our weekend retreat. It's the town of so many childhood memories.

Growing up, my parents, brother and I would journey from Texas to the Cape and meet up with my aunts, uncles and cousins. We would take over Corporation Beach with our umbrellas, beach chairs, shovels and pales. So many happy days were spent in the sun and sand along the bayside shores. I still get that happy-go-lucky childish excitement when I go to these beaches.

I don't build as many sandcastles as I used to, and I'd probably kill myself if I tried to skimboard again. I rarely get in the chilly water (usually around 65F on a warm day) except on those scorching days of July and August. However, I love watching today's children do the things that used to give my brother, cousins and me hours of entertainment. 













1 comment:

  1. Aw I love trips to the Cape. I always had soccer matches in Dennis when I was growing up... great memories! This makes me miss warm weather. Is it spring yet!?

    xx Ani
    catchtwentyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL