Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In with the New...

{Wintry morning via my Instagram}

Resolutions.

We all make them. Most of us break them.

This year, while I have a mental list of things I want to do for myself and for others, instead of a resolution, I will enter into a new frame of mind.

At church this past Sunday, our priest asked that we keep one thing in our hears for this new year: 

Love.

Love ourselves, love our neighbors, love our enemies. 

So simple, yet sometimes so difficult. Loving those who have hurt us is hard. Oftentimes loving ourselves is harder. 

This year I will make a conscious effort to show more love and compassion to those around me through my actions and my words. 

I will practice forgiveness when I have been wronged.

I will embrace every new experience I have and every new person I meet.

This will be another year of growth in every aspect of my life. 

Entering the New Year with openness, forgiveness, and love in our hearts can only lead to extraordinary things. And as you all know, I am determined that life should not be anything short of extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL