Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mostly Settled











And just like that, I am settled in Paris. Mostly.

There have been highs and lows. More highs than lows. Thank goodness.

We can discount the groping in the metro. And the fact that after 3 months I still don't have a PIN number to use my debit card from my French bank. And that time the people at Zara thought I was a shoplifter.

Editor's note: I am not a shoplifter. You can check the security footage yourself.

On the upside, I have a truly wonderful {I could do a lot more gushing, but I'll keep it to myself} group of friends that I was lucky enough to meet just a few weeks after moving here. I can hear the bells of Notre Dame from my tiny, continually dusty but altogether charming Parisian apartment. The kind people of Paris are usually ridiculously forgiving of my subpar attempts at French. Also, the best pain au chocolat I've tasted in my 4 months here is a dangerous three minute walk from my flat. 

I just had to pause because I realized I wrote that I've been here for 4 months. I feel like I've been here 4 minutes. Mind blowing.

Moving on, there is much to tell. Funny stories to share. Adventures that have been had. Adventures that are yet to come. So to get this saga started, a few pictures from my first 48 hours in Paris back in June.

Bon dimanche, mes amis.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. I can't believe you don't have your pin yet... good gosh!

    I'm looking forward to more photos and more updates! :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL