Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Munich at Christmas

And here we are on Christams Eve. How we {read: I} got here, I'm still not sure. Here we are, nonetheless. 

Last week, I had the most beautiful and lovely few days exploring Bavaria and Munich with a dear, German friend. I was so happy to finally see a little bit of her gorgeous country and she was so excited to finally be able to share part of it with me after 10 years of hearing about it from her!

You all, let me tell you, Germany does Christmas right. 

It was giddy wandering around the beautiful streets and Christmas markets set up in nearly every square in the city. The twinkly lights, yummy gluhwein, and Christmas music playing all over Munich made me feel like it was really Christmas. It was giving the North Pole a run for it's money. These pictures don't do the atmosphere and beauty an ounce of justice, but here the are. Perhaps they will spread a little Christmas cheer to you.

Living far away from loved ones and family during the holiday season can be a tough, emotional, tear filled {insert another depressing adjective} time. Although these feelings have threatened to creep in during hard days at work and coming home to nothing but an empty fridge {slightly redeemed by fabulous bottles of wine I somehow manage to keep in abundant supply} in the weeks leading up to the holiday season, I've been so very lucky to have so many far-away "families" in my life that have warded away those feelings that were on the cusp of breaking through.

So, to my dear friends, far and wide, who have always made me feel like family throughout my life, whether it's been holidays spent with you or just welcoming me into your homes with open arms and making me feel like one of yours, thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me so much love. I am continuously overwhelmed by the kindness of others, and I wish the whole world would recognize that in each other.

Although I'm lucky enough to spend this Christmas with my family, there are so many that don't get that time with their loved ones, my little brother included. Please say a little prayer or happy thought up for those who might be alone or far away during this holiday season that they know how much they are loved and missed. 

I wish you all the very merriest of Christmases. And to those of you not celebrating, all my warmest wishes during the last days of the year.










No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL