Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Call Me Miss Outdoors

You might recall me mentioning that I spent my vacation a few weeks ago hiking through the wilderness with the BF. If you read my blog regularly, you might also recall that never-have-I-ever done anything remotely outdoors-y.

Well, friends, that all changed on my little vacation. 

The BF is quite the outdoorsman. He has some spiffy backpacks, tents, hiking boots, lanterns etc. that he used to put to good use. Then he became a big kid, and  those favorite pastimes took the backseat to working overtime, visiting his beautiful GF two hours away every other week, and using any free moments for some much deserved relaxing. The BF's one request for out few days together was to go hiking.

Well, you might be able to imagine I was a little apprehensive to this suggestion. I was hoping to flee to NYC for a few days of fun. This hiking thing was the exact opposite of my envisioned vacation.  I (not begrudgingly, of course) said that would be a fantastic idea! The BF had been so sweet to me working around my crazy work schedule, so why not do something he loves?

I loved it.

 Well, at first there might have been a few comments here or there about how clomping through the woods, sweating, and tripping over tree roots was not my idea of fun. However, once we got to the first look-out point, I was a changed woman! The views were incredible, especially with the fall foliage! 

I was a happy little camper climbing up the rest of the mountain, down the mountain, up another mountain, and down that mountain too.

Here are some pics I took from our adventure in the White Mountains of NH...















I can't wait to go on another hiking trip! 

Do any of you know some great hiking trails in New England for us to try?

P.S. Don't forget to join the Mingle Monday Blog Hop at Life of Meg!



Mingle 240

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness beautiful!!! Those colors are amazing, I'm so jealous of your hiking trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by to say hello from mingle monday!

    what beautiful pictures! with scenery like that i think i'd be an outdoorsy convert too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've shied away from hiking, too, thinking it's something I'd never want to do. However, I might have to rethink that after seeing those pictures! They're fabulous - a definite deal changer!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL